Kate A. Neugent
Wisconsin's "Rising Stars" in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009
AIOFLA 10 Best Under 40 in 2017, 2016, 2015
- Committee Member, Consulting Committee for the Milwaukee County Safe Exchange and Visitation Committee, June of 2013 to present
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Family Law Section, Member
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Collaborative Family Law Counsel of Wisconsin, Member
- Society of Family Lawyers, Board Member
- Leander J. Foley Matrimonial Chapterof the American Inns of Court, Member
- National Association of Counsel for Children, Member
- Association of Women Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Professional Women
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member
- Washington County Bar Association, Member
- Milwaukee Family Law Clinic, Mediator
- Volunteer Attorney
- Volunteer Facilitator/ Community Member
- Milwaukee County Supervised Visitation Facility, Legal Sub-Committee Member
MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Public Interest Law Society, Fellowship Recipient 2004
- Marquette Mediation Competition, Winner 2004
- Student Bar Association, 3L Class Representative
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Bachelor of Social Welfare
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Trained as Collaborative Practitioner
- Completion of Certified Mediator Training with Zena Zumeta
- Completion of Guardian ad Litem Training
- Family and Children's Court Certified
- Served as Guardian ad Litem in several hundred cases involving: Divorce, Paternity, and Child Abuse.
Article: "Enhanced Earning Capacity: Is the Haugan Decision Functionally Obsolete?" 28 Wisconsin Journal of Family Law 2 (April 2008).
Article: "Is the Haugan decision functionally obsolete?" 22 Wisconsin Law Journal 7
(Feb. 18, 2008).
"Family Law: Hot Topics from Experienced GALs," Milwaukee Bar Association Family Law Section, Presenter, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, September 2017.
"Hearing Children's Voices in Family Court," Judicial Education Family Law Seminar, Presenter, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, March 2017.
"Basic Divorce," delivered at the 2016 Volunteer Lawyers Project, November 10, 2016.
"Wisconsin Divorce Kit," delivered at the 2015 Wisconsin Solo and Small Firm Conference, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, October 2015.
"Evidentiary Issues Concerning Medical Records from the Perspective of Parents and the Children," delivered to the Legal Action of Wisconsin's Volunteer Lawyers Project, Pewaukee, Wisconsin, November 2008.